Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GILL
- (n.) An organ for aquatic respiration; a branchia.
- (n.) The radiating, gill-shaped plates forming the under surface of a mushroom.
- (n.) The fleshy flap that hangs below the beak of a fowl; a wattle.
- (n.) The flesh under or about the chin.
- (n.) One of the combs of closely ranged steel pins which divide the ribbons of flax fiber or wool into fewer parallel filaments.
- (n.) A two-wheeled frame for transporting timber.
- (n.) A leech.
- (n.) A woody glen; a narrow valley containing a stream.
- (n.) A measure of capacity, containing one fourth of a pint.
- (n.) A young woman; a sweetheart; a flirting or wanton girl.
- (n.) The ground ivy (Nepeta Glechoma); -- called also gill over the ground, and other like names.
- (n.) Malt liquor medicated with ground ivy.