- (v. i.) See Greet, to weep.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A very large and powerful carnivore (Felis tigris) native of Southern Asia and the East Indies. Its back and sides are tawny or rufous yellow, transversely striped with black, the tail is ringed with black, the throat and belly are nearly white. When full grown, it equals or exceeds the lion in size and strength. Called also royal tiger, and Bengal tiger.
- (n.) Fig.: A ferocious, bloodthirsty person.
- (n.) A servant in livery, who rides with his master or mistress.
- (n.) A kind of growl or screech, after cheering; as, three cheers and a tiger.
- (n.) A pneumatic box or pan used in refining sugar.