Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GLORY
- (n.) Praise, honor, admiration, or distinction, accorded by common consent to a person or thing; high reputation; honorable fame; renown.
- (n.) That quality in a person or thing which secures general praise or honor; that which brings or gives renown; an object of pride or boast; the occasion of praise; excellency; brilliancy; splendor.
- (n.) Pride; boastfulness; arrogance.
- (n.) The presence of the Divine Being; the manifestations of the divine nature and favor to the blessed in heaven; celestial honor; heaven.
- (n.) An emanation of light supposed to proceed from beings of peculiar sanctity. It is represented in art by rays of gold, or the like, proceeding from the head or body, or by a disk, or a mere line.
- (n.) To exult with joy; to rejoice.
- (n.) To boast; to be proud.