Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GLOWS
- An appearance of reflected light
- Light from nonthermal sources
- A feeling of considerable warmth; "the glow of new love"; "a glow of regret"
- The amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
- A steady even light without flames
- The phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
- An alert and refreshed state
- Experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
- Be exuberant or high-spirited; "Make the people's hearts glow"
- Emit a steady even light without flames; "The fireflies were glowing and flying about in the garden"
- Have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- Shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burni