- Of Gin
- (n.) A weapon which throws or propels a missile to a distance; any firearm or instrument for throwing projectiles by the explosion of gunpowder, consisting of a tube or barrel closed at one end, in which the projectile is placed, with an explosive charge behind, which is ignited by various means. Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms. Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc. See these terms in the Vocabulary.
- (n.) A piece of heavy ordnance; in a restricted sense, a cannon.
- (n.) Violent blasts of wind.
- (v. i.) To practice fowling or hunting small game; -- chiefly in participial form; as, to go gunning.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GNU
- (n.) One of two species of large South African antelopes of the genus Catoblephas, having a mane and bushy tail, and curved horns in both sexes.