- Shoot with a gun
- The discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies; "two runners started before the gun"; "a twenty gun salute"
- A pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
- Large but transportable armament
- A hand-operated pump that resembles a revolver; forces grease into parts of a machine
- A weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
- A professional killer who uses a gun
- A person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GNUS
- Large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Close and warm; as, an infant lies snug.
- (superl.) Close; concealed; not exposed to notice.
- (superl.) Compact, convenient, and comfortable; as, a snug farm, house, or property.
- (n.) Same as Lug, n., 3.
- (v. i.) To lie close; to snuggle; to snudge; -- often with up, or together; as, a child snugs up to its mother.
- (v. t.) To place snugly.
- (v. t.) To rub, as twine or rope, so as to make it smooth and improve the finish.
- (imp.) of Sing
- (p. p.) of Sing