- Lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GOALS
- A successful attempt at scoring; "the winning goal came with less than a minute left to play"
- Game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points
- The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means"
- The place designated as the end (as of a race or journey); "a crowd assembled at the finish"; "he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Chief port and economic center of Nigeria; located in southwestern Nigeria on the Gulf of Guinea; former capital of Nigeria