- (imp. & p. p. Adored) /); p. pr. & vb. n.) of Adore
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GORDIAN
- (a.) Pertaining to Gordius, king of Phrygia, or to a knot tied by him; hence, intricate; complicated; inextricable.
- (a.) Pertaining to the Gordiacea.
- (n.) One of the Gordiacea.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A step or raised shelf, as above a sideboard or altar. Cf. Superaltar, and Gradin.
- (n.) A morphological unit, consisting of two or more plastids, which does not possess the positive character of the person or stock, in distinction from the physiological organ or biorgan. See Morphon.