Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GOUGE
- (n.) A chisel, with a hollow or semicylindrical blade, for scooping or cutting holes, channels, or grooves, in wood, stone, etc.; a similar instrument, with curved edge, for turning wood.
- (n.) A bookbinder's tool for blind tooling or gilding, having a face which forms a curve.
- (n.) An incising tool which cuts forms or blanks for gloves, envelopes, etc. from leather, paper, etc.
- (n.) Soft material lying between the wall of a vein aud the solid vein.
- (n.) The act of scooping out with a gouge, or as with a gouge; a groove or cavity scooped out, as with a gouge.
- (n.) Imposition; cheat; fraud; also, an impostor; a cheat; a trickish person.