- (v. i.) To talk about one's self, or things pertaining to one's self, in a manner intended to excite admiration, envy, or wonder; to talk boastfully; to boast; -- often followed by of; as, to brag of one's exploits, courage, or money, or of the great things one intends to do.
- (v. t.) To boast of.
- (n.) A boast or boasting; bragging; ostentatious pretense or self glorification.
- (n.) The thing which is boasted of.
- (n.) A game at cards similar to bluff.
- (v. i.) Brisk; full of spirits; boasting; pretentious; conceited.
- (adv.) Proudly; boastfully.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GRAB
- (n.) A vessel used on the Malabar coast, having two or three masts.
- (n.) A sudden grasp or seizure.
- (n.) An instrument for clutching objects for the purpose of raising them; -- specially applied to devices for withdrawing drills, etc., from artesian and other wells that are drilled, bored, or driven.
- (v. t. & i.) To gripe suddenly; to seize; to snatch; to clutch.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Clothing in general.
- (n.) The whole dress or suit of clothes worn by any person, especially when indicating rank or office; as, the garb of a clergyman or a judge.
- (n.) Costume; fashion; as, the garb of a gentleman in the 16th century.
- (n.) External appearance, as expressive of the feelings or character; looks; fashion or manner, as of speech.
- (n.) A sheaf of grain (wheat, unless otherwise specified).
- (v. t.) To clothe; array; deck.