- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ear
- (n.) A line used to fasten the upper corners of a sail to the yard or gaff; -- also called head earing.
- (n.) A line for hauling the reef cringle to the yard; -- also called reef earing.
- (n.) A line fastening the corners of an awning to the rigging or stanchions.
- (n.) Coming into ear, as corn.
- (n.) A plowing of land.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who gains.
- (v. t.) To gain anew; to get again; to recover, as what has escaped or been lost; to reach again.
- (n.) An upholder of kingly authority; a royalist.
- The provincial capital of Saskatchewan