- A wooden prop used to support the roof of a mine
- A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GRASPS
- Get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- Hold firmly
- The act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
- An intellectual hold or understanding; "a good grip on French history"; "they kept a firm grip on the two top priorities"; "he was in the grip of a powerful emotion"; "a terrible power had her in its grasp"
- The limit of capability;
- Understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something; "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"