Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GRASS
- (n.) Popularly: Herbage; the plants which constitute the food of cattle and other beasts; pasture.
- (n.) An endogenous plant having simple leaves, a stem generally jointed and tubular, the husks or glumes in pairs, and the seed single.
- (n.) The season of fresh grass; spring.
- (n.) Metaphorically used for what is transitory.
- (v. i.) To produce grass.
- (v. t.) To cover with grass or with turf.
- (v. t.) To expose, as flax, on the grass for bleaching, etc.
- (v. t.) To bring to the grass or ground; to land; as, to grass a fish.