Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GRAVITY
- (a.) The state of having weight; beaviness; as, the gravity of lead.
- (a.) Sobriety of character or demeanor.
- (a.) Importance, significance, dignity, etc; hence, seriousness; enormity; as, the gravity of an offense.
- (a.) The tendency of a mass of matter toward a center of attraction; esp., the tendency of a body toward the center of the earth; terrestrial gravitation.
- (a.) Lowness of tone; -- opposed to acuteness.