- A city in northwest Indiana on Lake Michigan; steel production
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GRAY
- (n.) A gray color; any mixture of white and black; also, a neutral or whitish tint.
- (n.) An animal or thing of gray color, as a horse, a badger, or a kind of salmon.
- (superl.) White mixed with black, as the color of pepper and salt, or of ashes, or of hair whitened by age; sometimes, a dark mixed color; as, the soft gray eye of a dove.
- (superl.) Gray-haired; gray-headed; of a gray color; hoary.
- (superl.) Old; mature; as, gray experience. Ames.