- Consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something; "She agreed to all my conditions"; "He agreed to leave her alone"
- Be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- Achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose; "No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"
- Be agreeable or suitable; "White wine doesn't agree with me"
- Go together; "The colors don't harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
- Show grammatical agreement; "Subjects and verbs must always agree in English"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GREASE
- (n.) Animal fat, as tallow or lard, especially when in a soft state; oily or unctuous matter of any kind.
- (n.) An inflammation of a horse's heels, suspending the ordinary greasy secretion of the part, and producing dryness and scurfiness, followed by cracks, ulceration, and fungous excrescences.
- (v. t.) To smear, anoint, or daub, with grease or fat; to lubricate; as, to grease the wheels of a wagon.
- (v. t.) To bribe; to corrupt with presents.
- (v. t.) To cheat or cozen; to overreach.
- (v. t.) To affect (a horse) with grease, the disease.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)