- (a.) Bearing; carrying.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Ruling; governing; regnant.
- (a.) Exercising vicarious authority.
- (a.) One who rules or reigns; a governor; a ruler.
- (a.) Especially, one invested with vicarious authority; one who governs a kingdom in the minority, absence, or disability of the sovereign.
- (a.) One of a governing board; a trustee or overseer; a superintendent; a curator; as, the regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
- (a.) A resident master of arts of less than five years' standing, or a doctor of less than twwo. They were formerly privileged to lecture in the schools.