Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A kind of precious stone.
- (pl.) of Regulus
- Unattractive quality
- Provoking horror; "an atrocious automobile accident"; "a frightful crime of decapitation"; "an alarming, even horrifying, picture"; "war is beyond all words horrible"- Winston Churchill; "an ugly wound"
- Displeasing to the senses; "an ugly face"; "ugly furniture"
- Morally reprehensible; "would do something as despicable as murder"; "ugly crimes"; "the vile development of slavery appalled them"; "a slimy little liar"
- Inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace; "a surly waiter"; "an ugly frame of mind"