- (n.) A style of painting, sculpture, or other imitative art, which illustrates everyday life and manners.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GRENE
- (a.) Green.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Having the color of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that color of the solar spectrum which is between the yellow and the blue; verdant; emerald.
- (superl.) Having a sickly color; wan.
- (superl.) Full of life aud vigor; fresh and vigorous; new; recent; as, a green manhood; a green wound.
- (superl.) Not ripe; immature; not fully grown or ripened; as, green fruit, corn, vegetables, etc.
- (superl.) Not roasted; half raw.
- (superl.) Immature in age or experience; young; raw; not trained; awkward; as, green in years or judgment.
- (superl.) Not seasoned; not dry; containing its natural juices; as, green wood, timber, etc.
- (n.) The color of growing plants; the color of the solar spectrum intermediate between the yellow and the blue.
- (n.) A grassy plain or plat; a piece of ground covered with verdant herbage; as, the village green.
- (n.) Fresh leaves or branches of trees or other plants; wreaths; -- usually in the plural.
- (n.) pl. Leaves and stems of young plants, as spinach, beets, etc., which in their green state are boiled for food.
- (n.) Any substance or pigment of a green color.
- (v. t.) To make green.
- (v. i.) To become or grow green.
- (n. & v.) See Reign.