- (a.) A piece of music of a mournful character, to accompany funeral rites; a funeral hymn.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GRIDE
- (e. i.) To cut with a grating sound; to cut; to penetrate or pierce harshly; as, the griding sword.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The back, or top of the back; a crest.
- (n.) A range of hills or mountains, or the upper part of such a range; any extended elevation between valleys.
- (n.) A raised line or strip, as of ground thrown up by a plow or left between furrows or ditches, or as on the surface of metal, cloth, or bone, etc.
- (n.) The intersection of two surface forming a salient angle, especially the angle at the top between the opposite slopes or sides of a roof or a vault.
- (n.) The highest portion of the glacis proceeding from the salient angle of the covered way.
- (v. t.) To form a ridge of; to furnish with a ridge or ridges; to make into a ridge or ridges.
- (v. t.) To form into ridges with the plow, as land.
- (v. t.) To wrinkle.