Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: GRIST
- (n.) Ground corn; that which is ground at one time; as much grain as is carried to the mill at one time, or the meal it produces.
- (n.) Supply; provision.
- (n.) In rope making, a given size of rope, common grist being a rope three inches in circumference, with twenty yarns in each of the three strands.
- Clench together; "grit one's teeth"
- Cover with a grit; "grit roads"
- Fortitude and determination; "he didn't have the guts to try it"
- Coarsely ground hulled corn boiled as a breakfast dish in the southern United States
- A hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone