Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GRIST
- (n.) Ground corn; that which is ground at one time; as much grain as is carried to the mill at one time, or the meal it produces.
- (n.) Supply; provision.
- (n.) In rope making, a given size of rope, common grist being a rope three inches in circumference, with twenty yarns in each of the three strands.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Clench together; "grit one's teeth"
- Cover with a grit; "grit roads"
- Fortitude and determination; "he didn't have the guts to try it"
- Coarsely ground hulled corn boiled as a breakfast dish in the southern United States
- A hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone