- (v. t.) To press; to push; to drive; to impel; to force onward.
- (v. t.) To press the mind or will of; to ply with motives, arguments, persuasion, or importunity.
- (v. t.) To provoke; to exasperate.
- (v. t.) To press hard upon; to follow closely
- (v. t.) To present in an urgent manner; to press upon attention; to insist upon; as, to urge an argument; to urge the necessity of a case.
- (v. t.) To treat with forcible means; to take severe or violent measures with; as, to urge an ore with intense heat.
- (v. i.) To press onward or forward.
- (v. i.) To be pressing in argument; to insist; to persist.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GRUE