- Handle effectively; "The burglar wielded an axe"; "The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well"
- Be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- Watch and direct; "Who is overseeing this project?"
- Be successful; achieve a goal; "She succeeded in persuading us all"; "I managed to carry the box upstairs"; "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"; "The pianist negociated the difficult runs"
- Carry on or function; "We could do with a little more help around here"
- Achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
- Come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.