- (n.) Any piece of wood, metal, or other substance used to stop or fill a hole; a stopple.
- (n.) A flat oblong cake of pressed tobacco.
- (n.) A high, tapering silk hat.
- (n.) A worthless horse.
- (n.) A block of wood let into a wall, to afford a hold for nails.
- (v. t.) To stop with a plug; to make tight by stopping a hole.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GULP
- (n.) The act of taking a large mouthful; a swallow, or as much as is awallowed at once.
- (n.) A disgorging.
- (v. t.) To swallow eagerly, or in large draughts; to swallow up; to take down at one swallow.