- The human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
- A person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- The quantity that can be held in a mug
- Rob at gunpoint or with the threat of violence; "I was mugged in the streets of New York last night"
- With handle and usually cylindrical
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GUMS
- Cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum; "if you gum the tape it is stronger"
- The tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
- A preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing
- Any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum
- Wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
- Exude or form gum; "these trees gum in the Spring"
- Cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
- Become sticky
- Any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants; they are gelatinous when moist but harden on drying
- Grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty; "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Studiously neat or nice, especially in dress; spruce; affectedly precise; smooth and prim.
- (v. t.) To make smug, or spruce.