- A tight or amorous embrace; "come here and give me a big hug"
- Fit closely or tightly; "The dress hugged her hips"
- Squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness; "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"; "He hugged her close to him"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GUSH
- (v. i.) To issue with violence and rapidity, as a fluid; to rush forth as a fluid from confinement; to flow copiously.
- (v. i.) To make a sentimental or untimely exhibition of affection; to display enthusiasm in a silly, demonstrative manner.
- (v. t.) A sudden and violent issue of a fluid from an inclosed plase; an emission of a liquid in a large quantity, and with force; the fluid thus emitted; a rapid outpouring of anything; as, a gush of song from a bird.
- (v. t.) A sentimental exhibition of affection or enthusiasm, etc.; effusive display of sentiment.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To writhe the body so as to produce friction against one's clothes, as do those who have the itch.
- (v. i.) Hence, to crawl; to sneak.