Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HAG
- (n.) A witch, sorceress, or enchantress; also, a wizard.
- (n.) An ugly old woman.
- (n.) A fury; a she-monster.
- (n.) An eel-like marine marsipobranch (Myxine glutinosa), allied to the lamprey. It has a suctorial mouth, with labial appendages, and a single pair of gill openings. It is the type of the order Hyperotpeta. Called also hagfish, borer, slime eel, sucker, and sleepmarken.
- (n.) The hagdon or shearwater.
- (n.) An appearance of light and fire on a horse's mane or a man's hair.
- (n.) A small wood, or part of a wood or copse, which is marked off or inclosed for felling, or which has been felled.
- (n.) A quagmire; mossy ground where peat or turf has been cut.
- (v. t.) To harass; to weary with vexation.