- (n.) A mesh.
- (n.) A mass of mixed ingredients reduced to a soft pulpy state by beating or pressure; a mass of anything in a soft pulpy state. Specifically (Brewing), ground or bruised malt, or meal of rye, wheat, corn, or other grain (or a mixture of malt and meal) steeped and stirred in hot water for making the wort.
- (n.) A mixture of meal or bran and water fed to animals.
- (n.) A mess; trouble.
- (v. t.) To convert into a mash; to reduce to a soft pulpy state by beating or pressure; to bruise; to crush; as, to mash apples in a mill, or potatoes with a pestle. Specifically (Brewing), to convert, as malt, or malt and meal, into the mash which makes wort.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HAMS
- An unskilled actor who overacts
- A licensed amateur radio operator
- (Old Testament) son of Noah
- Exaggerate one's acting
- Meat cut from the thigh of a hog (usually smoked)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) That which deceives expectation; any trick, fraud, or device that deludes and disappoint; a make-believe; delusion; imposture, humbug.
- (n.) A false front, or removable ornamental covering.
- (a.) False; counterfeit; pretended; feigned; unreal; as, a sham fight.
- (v. t.) To trick; to cheat; to deceive or delude with false pretenses.
- (v. t.) To obtrude by fraud or imposition.
- (v. t.) To assume the manner and character of; to imitate; to ape; to feign.
- (v. i.) To make false pretenses; to deceive; to feign; to impose.