Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HANGING
- (a.) Requiring, deserving, or foreboding death by the halter.
- (a.) Suspended from above; pendent; as, hanging shelves.
- (a.) Adapted for sustaining a hanging object; as, the hanging post of a gate, the post which holds the hinges.
- (n.) The act of suspending anything; the state of being suspended.
- (n.) Death by suspension; execution by a halter.
- (n.) That which is hung as lining or drapery for the walls of a room, as tapestry, paper, etc., or to cover or drape a door or window; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hang