- (v. t.) To strike together, as in anger or pain; as, to gnash the teeth.
- (v. i.) To grind or strike the teeth together.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HANGS
- Be exhibited; "Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
- Suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste; "hang the venison for a few days"
- Hold on tightly or tenaciously; "hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
- Cause to be hanging or suspended; "Hang that picture on the wall"
- Place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction; "hang a door"
- Be placed in position as by a hinge; "This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
- Be suspended or poised; "Heavy fog hung over the valley"
- Be suspended or hanging; "The flag hung on the wall"
- Fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- Decorate or furnish with something suspended; "Hang wallpaper"
- Let drop or droop; "Hang one's head in shame"
- A gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the g
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The imperial dynasty ruling China from about the 18th to the 12th centuries BC