Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: HANK
- (n.) A parcel consisting of two or more skeins of yarn or thread tied together.
- (n.) A rope or withe for fastening a gate.
- (n.) Hold; influence.
- (n.) A ring or eye of rope, wood, or iron, attached to the edge of a sail and running on a stay.
- (v. t.) To fasten with a rope, as a gate.
- (v. t.) To form into hanks.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- United States architect (born in Estonia) (1901-1974)
- (n.) A king; a prince; a chief; a governor; -- so called among the Tartars, Turks, and Persians, and in countries now or formerly governed by them.
- (n.) An Eastern inn or caravansary.