- Hang with a halter
- Prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HARSLET
- (n.) See Haslet.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning
- Exude sweat or lather; "this unfit horse lathers easily"
- Form a lather; "The shaving cream lathered"
- Beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- The foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
- The froth produced by soaps or detergents
- A workman who puts up laths
- Agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- Spread thickly; "I can't eat bagels without slathering them with cream cheese"