- The emotion of intense dislike; a feeling of dislike so strong that it demands action
- Dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards; "I hate Mexican food"; "She detests politicians"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HASTE
- (n.) Celerity of motion; speed; swiftness; dispatch; expedition; -- applied only to voluntary beings, as men and other animals.
- (n.) The state of being urged or pressed by business; hurry; urgency; sudden excitement of feeling or passion; precipitance; vehemence.
- (n.) To hasten; to hurry.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Gain heat or get hot; "The room heated up quickly"
- Arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- Utility to warm a building; "the heating system wasn't working"; "they have radiant heating"
- Provide with heat; "heat the house"
- The trait of being intensely emotional
- The presence of heat
- The sensation caused by heat energy
- A preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
- A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
- Applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
- Make hot or hotter; "the sun heats the oceans"; "heat the water on the stove"