- (v. i.) The cessation of all vital phenomena without capability of resuscitation, either in animals or plants.
- (v. i.) Total privation or loss; extinction; cessation; as, the death of memory.
- (v. i.) Manner of dying; act or state of passing from life.
- (v. i.) Cause of loss of life.
- (v. i.) Personified: The destroyer of life, -- conventionally represented as a skeleton with a scythe.
- (v. i.) Danger of death.
- (v. i.) Murder; murderous character.
- (v. i.) Loss of spiritual life.
- (v. i.) Anything so dreadful as to be like death.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HATED
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hate