- (n.) The part of the neck in front of, or ventral to, the vertebral column.
- (n.) Hence, the passage through it to the stomach and lungs; the pharynx; -- sometimes restricted to the fauces.
- (n.) A contracted portion of a vessel, or of a passage way; as, the throat of a pitcher or vase.
- (n.) The part of a chimney between the gathering, or portion of the funnel which contracts in ascending, and the flue.
- (n.) The upper fore corner of a boom-and-gaff sail, or of a staysail.
- (n.) That end of a gaff which is next the mast.
- (n.) The angle where the arm of an anchor is joined to the shank.
- (n.) The inside of a timber knee.
- (n.) The orifice of a tubular organ; the outer end of the tube of a monopetalous corolla; the faux, or fauces.
- (v. t.) To utter in the throat; to mutter; as, to throat threats.
- (v. t.) To mow, as beans, in a direction against their bending.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.