Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HAZARD
- (n.) A game of chance played with dice.
- (n.) The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
- (n.) Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- (n.) Holing a ball, whether the object ball (winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
- (n.) Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
- (n.) To expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.
- (n.) To venture to incur, or bring on.
- (v. i.) To try the chance; to encounter risk or danger.