- (n.) A shrub or small tree of the genus Corylus, as the C. avellana, bearing a nut containing a kernel of a mild, farinaceous taste; the filbert. The American species are C. Americana, which produces the common hazelnut, and C. rostrata. See Filbert.
- (n.) A miner's name for freestone.
- (a.) Consisting of hazels, or of the wood of the hazel; pertaining to, or derived from, the hazel; as, a hazel wand.
- (a.) Of a light brown color, like the hazelnut.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HAZLE
- (v. t.) To make dry; to dry.