- (n.) A Hebrew dry measure, supposed to be equal to two pecks and five quarts. ten ephahs make one homer.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HEAP
- (n.) A crowd; a throng; a multitude or great number of persons.
- (n.) A great number or large quantity of things not placed in a pile.
- (n.) A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body, or thrown together so as to form an elevation; as, a heap of earth or stones.
- (v. t.) To collect in great quantity; to amass; to lay up; to accumulate; -- usually with up; as, to heap up treasures.
- (v. t.) To throw or lay in a heap; to make a heap of; to pile; as, to heap stones; -- often with up; as, to heap up earth; or with on; as, to heap on wood or coal.
- (v. t.) To form or round into a heap, as in measuring; to fill (a measure) more than even full.