- (pron.) Alt. of Hirs
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HEIRS
- A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another
- A person who inherits some title or office
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Wary and distrustful; disposed to avoid persons or things; "shy of strangers"
- Lacking self-confidence; "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed"; "problems that call for bold not timid responses"; "a very unsure young man"
- Short; "eleven is one shy of a dozen"
- (n.) A portion of Great Britain originally under the supervision of an earl; a territorial division, usually identical with a county, but sometimes limited to a smaller district; as, Wiltshire, Yorkshire, Richmondshire, Hallamshire.
- (n.) A division of a State, embracing several contiguous townships; a county.