- (n.) A house for entertaining strangers or travelers; an inn or public house, of the better class.
- (n.) In France, the mansion or town residence of a person of rank or wealth.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HELOT
- (n.) A slave in ancient Sparta; a Spartan serf; hence, a slave or serf.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A wooden or metal pin, set in the gunwale of a boat, to serve as a fulcrum for the oar in rowing.
- (n.) The pin, or handle, of a scythe snath.
- (v. t.) To bear; to endure; to undergo.
- (v. i.) To wait.