- (n.) See Chine, n., 3.
- (n.) The harmonious sound of bells, or of musical instruments.
- (n.) A set of bells musically tuned to each other; specif., in the pl., the music performed on such a set of bells by hand, or produced by mechanism to accompany the striking of the hours or their divisions.
- (n.) Pleasing correspondence of proportion, relation, or sound.
- (n.) To sound in harmonious accord, as bells.
- (n.) To be in harmony; to agree; to suit; to harmonize; to correspond; to fall in with.
- (n.) To join in a conversation; to express assent; -- followed by in or in with.
- (n.) To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- (v. i.) To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- (v. i.) To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: HEMIC
- Relating to or containing or affecting blood; "a hematic cyst"; "a hematic crisis"
- (v. i.) To lie hid; to skulk; to act, or carry one's self, sneakingly.