- (n.) A thin board; a billet of wood; a splinter.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HIDES
- Body covering of a living animal
- The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal)
- Make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
- Cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
- Prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
- Be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety; "Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding"; "She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Imp. & p. p. of Shy.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Shy