- (n.) The front part of the leg below the knee; the front edge of the shin bone; the lower part of the leg; the shank.
- (n.) A fish plate for rails.
- (v. i.) To climb a mast, tree, rope, or the like, by embracing it alternately with the arms and legs, without help of steps, spurs, or the like; -- used with up; as, to shin up a mast.
- (v. i.) To run about borrowing money hastily and temporarily, as for the payment of one's notes at the bank.
- (v. t.) To climb (a pole, etc.) by shinning up.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HINS
- Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!