- (n.) The place of departed spirits; Hades; also, the grave.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HOLES
- A depression hollowed out of solid matter
- An unoccupied space
- Informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- Make holes in
- A fault; "he shot holes in my argument"
- Hit the ball into the hole
- An opening deliberately made in or through something
- One playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course; "he played 18 holes"
- Informal terms for the mouth
- An opening into or through something
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A plank fixed beneath an object, as beneath the rudder of a vessel, to protect it from injury; a plank on the ground under the end of a shore or the like.
- (n.) See Shoal.