Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: HOME
- (a.) Of or pertaining to one's dwelling or country; domestic; not foreign; as home manufactures; home comforts.
- (a.) Close; personal; pointed; as, a home thrust.
- (adv.) To one's home or country; as in the phrases, go home, come home, carry home.
- (adv.) Close; closely.
- (adv.) To the place where it belongs; to the end of a course; to the full length; as, to drive a nail home; to ram a cartridge home.
- (n.) See Homelyn.
- (n.) One's own dwelling place; the house in which one lives; esp., the house in which one lives with his family; the habitual abode of one's family; also, one's birthplace.
- (n.) One's native land; the place or country in which one dwells; the place where one's ancestors dwell or dwelt.
- (n.) The abiding place of the affections, especially of the domestic affections.
- (n.) The locality where a thing is usually found, or was first found, or where it is naturally abundant; habitat; seat; as, the home of the pine.
- (n.) A place of refuge and rest; an asylum; as, a home for outcasts; a home for the blind; hence, esp., the grave; the final rest; also, the native and eternal dwelling place of the soul.
- (n.) The home base; he started for home.