- (n.) See Choreus.
- (n.) a trochee.
- (n.) A tribrach.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) To stick together; to cleave; to be united; to hold fast, as parts of the same mass.
- (a.) To be united or connected together in subordination to one purpose; to follow naturally and logically, as the parts of a discourse, or as arguments in a train of reasoning; to be logically consistent.
- (a.) To suit; to agree; to fit.
- (n.) One who, or that which, echoes.
- (v. t.) To echo back; to reverberate again; as, the hills reecho the roar of cannon.
- (v. i.) To give echoes; to return back, or be reverberated, as an echo; to resound; to be resonant.
- (n.) The echo of an echo; a repeated or second echo.