- (pl.) of Shot
- (n. pl.) The refuse of cattle taken from a drove.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HOSTS
- A vast multitude
- Archaic terms for army
- Any organization that provides resources and facilities for a function or event; "Atlanta was chosen to be host for the Olympic Games"
- The owner or manager of an inn
- A person who invites guests to a social event (such as a party in his or her own home) and who is responsible for them while they are there
- (medicine) recipient of transplanted tissue or organ from a donor
- A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers)
- An animal or plant that nourishes and supports a parasite; it does not benefit and is often harmed by the association
- (computer science) a computer that provides client stations with access to files and printers as shared resources to a computer network
- A technical name for the bread used in the service of Mass or Holy Communion
- Be the host of or for; "We hosted 4 couples last n