Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HOUND
- (n.) A variety of the domestic dog, usually having large, drooping ears, esp. one which hunts game by scent, as the foxhound, bloodhound, deerhound, but also used for various breeds of fleet hunting dogs, as the greyhound, boarhound, etc.
- (n.) A despicable person.
- (n.) A houndfish.
- (n.) Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.
- (n.) A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.
- (v. t.) To set on the chase; to incite to pursuit; as, to hounda dog at a hare; to hound on pursuers.
- (v. t.) To hunt or chase with hounds, or as with hounds.