Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: HOUR
- (n.) The twenty-fourth part of a day; sixty minutes.
- (n.) The time of the day, as expressed in hours and minutes, and indicated by a timepiece; as, what is the hour? At what hour shall we meet?
- (n.) Fixed or appointed time; conjuncture; a particular time or occasion; as, the hour of greatest peril; the man for the hour.
- (n.) Certain prayers to be repeated at stated times of the day, as matins and vespers.
- (n.) A measure of distance traveled.