Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HUB
- (n.) The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the nave. See Illust. of Axle box.
- (n.) The hilt of a weapon.
- (n.) A rough protuberance or projecting obstruction; as, a hub in the road. [U.S.] See Hubby.
- (n.) A goal or mark at which quoits, etc., are cast.
- (n.) A hardened, engraved steel punch for impressing a device upon a die, used in coining, etc.
- (n.) A screw hob. See Hob, 3.
- (n.) A block for scotching a wheel.